Sign in to follow this  
Jet_Chi

Shop Relocation

I have been looking at the different shops and noticed some are in better locations than others.

My suggestion is to move the shops into a portal so a command like /shop would take you there and theres a more friendly layout so you can see what everyone has to offer.

There are 4 staircases, that's far from being out of the way. 😛

Funny thing is, if we put a /shop warp there, it'd probably be on the 2nd floor overlooking the lake. All of a sudden the level 1 shops are out of the way. I see very few, if any, actually having issues walking up a flight of stairs, if not for curiosity. Eventually there'll be more shops on the upper level making them visible, otherwise I have to tear the whole thing down and start all over again. I really thought 4 stairs up and visible lights + shops from the actual entrance would be enough to signal that there in fact are shops up there too.

edit: I'll consider adding a /shop or /shops warp there though, so we'll see.

Bad edit on my part. ;( 

"Make shops like in map 2, open area that actually looks like a market where you spawn in" was the gist of it.

Rocksvin i know where your coming from lots of people will go look upstairs but equally unless every shop upstairs was in use lots of people wont bother as you dont see it straight away.

Map 2 with the open market was nice

also the Map with different size buildings at different prices was nice

I love the shops on this map.

Having it like a open market style takes up too much space, and there is no way to implant that into the map and make it as preaty as we have it now. And also its easier to run around in circle to find all the shops on this map compared to market types. And it would break the whole theme to implant a market style player shops.

If we want a nice looking spawn like this one, this must be the best one ever, at least its my favoirte, we need to keep this theme, "the market" style looked like a amature build, and now we have a proffesional looking one. I have seen so many new player brag about how our spawn looks like.

Tip: And if you guys want to make an easy shop for yourself with a teleport so anyone can teleport there, there is town, and it is cheeper with upkeep then the player shop, and anyone can teleport there with /town spawn (name)

Only thing I can take out of this is to place a warp down at some point, can't say when. I think it's an obvious player issue if anything, akin to 9/10 players being incapable of finding their way off the ship without jumping off it. If you can't navigate these player shops, you should probably wear a helmet at home.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:31 AM, rocksvin said:

If you can't navigate these player shops, you should probably wear a helmet at home.

What does that mean?