missatessatessy

Previous Maps of CedarCraft

Decided to re-compile all the downloads and depictions of the previous maps of Cedar into one post on the new forum.

Updated with functioning links.

Map 1

Map 2

Map 3

Map 4

Map 5

Map 6

Map 7 (Current)

Edited by missatessatessy

Forgot to mention, for the world files:

• Download, unzip and place folder into 'C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves' then load it up in singleplayer.
  • The files are in different versions of Minecraft, you can try and figure out which version they are meant to be in, but you can just convert it to the current version (may mess with some things though).
  • Shortly after loading you may want to open a LAN server, enable cheats, change to creative (/gamemode creative) and also set fire spread to false (/gamerule doFireTick false).
  • Map 5 is slightly corrupted.

If you can't see the world when you open singleplayer, check that the files are not within a second folder such as 'C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves\CedarCraft-Map4\Cedarcraft-Map4' if they are, move the second one out into 'saves'.

Additional note: 

You may need a secondary zip/unzipping program to unzip some files (such as 7zip/winrar)

If you have any problems getting them to work message me on discord or on the forum (discord quicker).

Recommended world versions:

• Map 1 - minecraft 1.1
  • Map 2 - minecraft 1.2 
  • Map 3 - minecraft 1.6.4
  • Map 4 - minecraft 1.7 to 1.8 
  • Map 5 - minecraft 1.9 to 1.11  

Map 3 is a tricky one to get working but I finally figured it out:

1. Unzip download with unzipping program.
  2. World file is within "CedarCraft-Map3\home\mcma\Minecraft" and called "mc" which you drag out and put into saves.
  3. Open up launcher.
  4. Go to launch options and enable advanced settings.
  5. Create a new version configuration.
  6. Set the version to 1.6.4.
  7. Enable "JVM arguments".
  8. Change "-Xmx2G" to "-Xmx4G" (If you have less than 8GB RAM you may struggle, "-Xmx3G" may be enough). 
  9. Do not disable "JVM arguments".
  10. Save the configuration.
  11. Play the configuration.
  12. Open the world in singleplayer.
  13. Give it a good few minutes to load up.
  14. It should now work (be sure to follow the above suggestion of opening in a LAN world and disabling firetick, map 3 spawn is very flammable).

Essentially you need to increase the allocated RAM for minecraft to open map 3, the rest of the maps should not need you to do this though.

Greetings all,

It's been a while since I've been here but I've been sitting on this data for map 4 and haven't really put it all together in a render yet.  But finally, with an indirect nudge, I got it compiled and want to add it to this collection!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ls28a5dbhat6dr6/cedarcraft_map4_render_v1.zip/file

It's a zoomable render for map 4 (~60 MB compressed, ~160 MB uncompressed), with marked coords for all that I was able to collect back then.

I was thinking of adding a search feature but it's not documented anywhere and I don't know enough to hack into their `leaflet.js` setup.  So for now, you can search by opening `markers.js` as a text file.  Maybe in a later update if there's demand I'll figure it out.

I'd like to thank John for allowing me to expediently collect some missing coords on the last day; it would not be as full otherwise.

For anyone who was around during map 4: enjoy!

----

P.S. I see that Cedar has a dynmap with coords now; nice!  Hopefully that is distributed along with the map files at the close. 🙂

Thanks Biolly, appreciated! 😄 Was actually considering reaching out to you for that render but didn't know how, and now here you are!

1 hour ago, rocksvin said:

Thanks Biolly, appreciated! 😄 Was actually considering reaching out to you for that render but didn't know how, and now here you are!

Took me about a year to find him and nudge him into action xD

2 hours ago, xaeroverse said:

Added to the main post under map 4 :D

Yeah.. apologies for the 4 year "delay".... 😣   But, better late than never!  In my defense missa, I was already working on it before, but hit a few bumps in the road with map corruption; I was getting there. 😛

In addition to more features to map 4, the map 3 render is broken for at least two of us (and so probably everyone) - it renders the right half but not the left half.  Something to look into maybe...

I've also done

/gamerule doMobSpawning false

so I don't have to worry about mobs hanging around while I'm trying to look at builds. (lebh in the background: "why don't you just set it to easy?!?!!!!")

But does anyone know the command for disabling vine growth and ice melt? Googling says that it should be
/gamerule randomTickSpeed 0 but that doesn't work on 1.6.4....

Well, there's only one possibility for 1.6.4 that I can find and I can't guarantee it will work.

So if you really want to give the server plugin a shot, you'll have to try to set up a 1.6.4 bukkit server with this plugin.  Another thing you can try is to somehow get the world to load in 1.7.10, but that was when dynamic ids were introduced, so good luck with that. 😕

HTH.

Edited by xaeroverse
found a nomelt plugin

In case anyone wants to port these to modern versions (with some very minor corruption, presumably unavoidable because of just how big the maps are).

Load each map in the version Missa listed above (the version they were saved in, just to make sure they work),
Then 1.8.9,
Then 1.12.2,
Then 1.15.2 (Make sure you assign a fair bit of RAM here or it'll crash during conversion),
Then you can load in 1.20.1!

And be sure to use Esc > Open to LAN w/ cheats> /gamerule doFireTick false as quickly as possible!!