Jet_Chi

Can we get spawn location platform protections in resource worlds please

Hi All,

Accio_Mc walked through the end portal in spawn and fell straight to her death, she is very annoyed as it was not her fault, i saw it happen as she is sitting next to me. she spent around 6-7k ember buying all the stuff required for good armour and tools. 

can you create a bedrock platform whenever a resource world is opened up to prevent this happening again, it appears when you walk through the portal you are barely on the block.

ive decided to give her all my tools and armour as she is pretty annoyed.

I'm not sure if we can automatically generate a platform with each reset, but once we are aware there needs to be one (as some maps don't need them) I know rock and some others on the staff have been able to go in and create them.

Perhaps rock or one of the admins might have a better answer.

No, I'm afraid we can't automatically do it as of yet, normally an admin will have to jump into the world as it opens up and place down a bedrock platform right below the spawn point, I can't do it myself since I have no perms for interdimensional travel (multiverse :p). 

But did she die today? I don't quite understand how it happened, has there been nothing done there the last 3-4 days or what 😕

edit: Added a bedrock platform at /theend, for all I know whatever platform was there in the first place must have been taken out by a player allowing whoever walked through to fall to their death - but I'm surprised the portal/command would even let her in there if there was no safe spot, it's supposed to prevent that.

2 hours ago, rocksvin said:

No, I'm afraid we can't automatically do it as of yet, normally an admin will have to jump into the world as it opens up and place down a bedrock platform right below the spawn point, I can't do it myself since I have no perms for interdimensional travel (multiverse :p). 

But did she die today? I don't quite understand how it happened, has there been nothing done there the last 3-4 days or what 😕

edit: Added a bedrock platform at /theend, for all I know whatever platform was there in the first place must have been taken out by a player allowing whoever walked through to fall to their death - but I'm surprised the portal/command would even let her in there if there was no safe spot, it's supposed to prevent that.

there is no logs for the resource world as i understand, if you die by falling you lose all items, i think the more annoying part when losing all items is when its out of your control. its happened now and there is no way of regaining all tools/armor without grinding, ill probably try grind em out at some point. just want to make sure this doesnt happen again.

Just an FYI for the future, if you keep a cool head and remember to do it, you can actually type /home while falling in a situation like this.

No logs no, and if I'd catch whoever actually dug out the platform sending players to their death I'd perm ban them without reprieve - I honestly have a feeling it's not just your average player doing this either. 

Either way, that platform being bedrock solves the problem, but I'd very much like to see it added automatically with each reset, in any way possible. (edit: because, obviously, this is why we can't have nice things)

Thank you all, I did try to warp home but it just didn't give me enough time to do that. It was very frustrating as it wasn't my fault, I know there were a lot of people that was willing to help. I think the bedrock idea is great as I need to go the end but haven't had the guts to go through the portal again now I know i'll be alright when going through. 

Thank you for your help

You could try wearing an elytra as you go through the portal? That way, you get just a little bit more time to react if something did go wrong.