Sign in to follow this  
majac412

Barrel Controller Bug

I tried making a storage system using the Barrel Controllers, and instead of making a storage system, it bricked a few of my diamond/gold barrels! 6 to be exact...  not sure how this happened but it's probably a bug worth looking into, all items previously in barrels are gone, and there's just the item in the item frame renamed to what it would normally display (example: 30*64+15). No way to recover items without staff support. made a modreq for my specific case but I thought I'd also make a post so that this bug can be fixed ASAP.

This is nothing to do with the controller, their is a bug which is not fully deterministic for barrels which straddle chunk boundaries. I have been trying to recreate the issue on my local test server but simply can't recreate it. To me it looks like a bug or race condition in the server itself. I have reached out to both Spigot and paper communities but have not had much assistance.

What basic said ^

Try to avoid placing barrels so that the item frame is in another chunk than the log, until this gets resolved. 

I'll show you in a picture form. Easier to understand.

the yellow line is chunk border (F3+G) picture bellow

I have had no problem with chuck running through the barrels like this:

omLbCKN.png

but when it comes to chunk border running between the log and item frame like this:

I have encounter problems, so I would not recommend doing it like that.

6InZKtQ.jpg

Thanks for the pictures lebh 🙂

What I can do, as this issue is taking longer to resolve then I was hoping, is add a check and block placement where the log and item frame are in different chunks so that at least no newly placed barrels will hit this problem. With luck I'll have time to do that this evening.

I've added a check for barrels being placed and crossing chunk boundaries, next server restart it should kick in.

I should have said that the staff will replace lost barrels and items, just modreq it :).

Yeah it worked nicely got a message:

"The barrel crosses a chunk boundary which can cause issue, please move or rotate the barrel. A fix is being worked on for this."

Very nice fix for now basic, thanks 👍

Edited by lebh

Sign in to follow this  

About CedarCraft

At over seven years old, marking its beginnings in 2011, CedarCraft has grown to have one of the closest communities in Minecraft.

From the dedicated staff team to all of the members who make us who we are, the welcoming CedarCraft community is the one to be a part of

Support CedarCraft

Providing the servers and software to keep CedarCraft running smoothly is not cheap and we rely on the generosity of our members.

Please consider supporting the community with the purchase of one of our 'VIP' ranks

Vote for Us

Help your community and get in-game rewards!

Social

Stay engaged with your community outside of the game!