Sign in to follow this  
LordSpec

Sleep Vote

Some sort of system in which a player can initiate a vote for the time of day to change if enough players vote yes so that when there are multiple people online, players don't have to ask one another to sleep. This would help players when a member is inactive or unable to get to a bed at night time.

56 minutes ago, JohnSF93 said:

Oooh I like this idea, we have thought of this for a while. Wondering what the community's thoughts are?

I quite like the idea of that

That would be good! Especially for people who are afk or in a situation that they cannot get to bed, say if they are in a cave system and don't have the option to set warps.

I like this too so that the younger players who do sleep don't have to wait the full sleep cycle.  I've had to explain to younger players not not everyone's in a place where they can sleep and we still get chat spam with "sleep" or "here's a bed" or "set warp to go back" rather than being patient (I know that can be harder on the younger ones that are here with their siblings).

Great idea! Sometimes it can be a hassle in asking other players there's a sort of general curtesy that if more than a couple of people on we or i don't ask as most people are busy with other things and don't want to or can't stop what they are in the middle of doing. This would make things easier and certainly less annoying then to keep asking. Also this would help new players to get used to the server and build a home without dying multiple times due to mobs at night.

not a fan, if players need night time for villagers/bees etc we wont have the opportunity as most players want day a lot of the time. other servers I have played on have this feature and its day 24/7 which means its difficult for players that need night time. 1 vote for a player that NEEDS night wont be possible against the other players that WANT day time.

In relation to a few other suggestions I feel this goes against our server game play.

Is survival/build.

Is night and day.

If members want to sleep so be it, is why I carry a bed in my inv.

Also those that like 'mob hunting' at night 😎

I see valid points from both sides. Whilst on the server I've seen most of the complaints are 'resource sleep?'
I also get the point that honestly, if this was employed, the whole server would pretty much remain in day.

So what about something like allowing its use in the resource worlds, but not the main server. That way you may farm in relative peace in the resource world but when in the main world you return to being a slave of the inevitability of the passage of time.

14 hours ago, z4chino said:

hi

Hi Zach, please try to keep topic replies on topic 🙂

John, is there a way to shorten the night cycle?  Maybe reduce night time, but still allow it to cycle through like make it 5 min?