Sign in to follow this  
Zili

Owl Mom's Legacy

Dearest members of Cedarcraft, it is with the heaviest of hearts that Tako, Uchi, OneiriosDreamKing, and myself bring you the news of mom's passing.  It was at her wish that we did not inform the Cedarfamily that she was sick again, unfortunately this time her body just was not able to recover.

Mom's start with Minecraft and Cedar (the only server she ever played on) began a few years ago when her kids shared time bonding over the game.  Often she'd watch Tako play from over his shoulder and participate in chat by having Tako type her comments.  This early interaction earned her the nickname "The Watcher."  Tako, Uchi, and I had a brilliant mother's day gift idea and pulled our money together to purchase her her very own account!  She thought about her screenname for a while and eventually settled on "etsi_wahuhi"-Cherokee for Mother Owl-essentially the best "Watcher" name there could be.  From that momment on she was the Momma Owl to anyone and everyone on the server.

It was momma's selflessness and her tendency to be anyone's mom should they need that led to the staff asking her to join the moderators.  Cedarcraft and the Cedarfamily was among her favorite entertainment in her years of retirement.  She really did view this community as an extended family.

Although we grieve for our momma owl, she did request that I pass on a few words of Momma wisdom,

-Remember to help each other, especially new players so that they feel welcomed and our nest in the great Cedar tree will grow!

-Be kind always.  We may have disagreements because we all think differently, but that does not mean that we cannot be friends.

-Don't give the staff a hard time, they are people too and doing their best.  When possible give them a helping hand if they ask.

-When you are bored with the game don't give up on it, inspiration is everywhere!  If all else fails mine ores and gather supplies for a rainy day...just avoid the lava!

-Keep each other close, check on each other, make peace and forgive as often as needed.

-Most importantly-- Remember, Owl Mom is always watching!

A memorial garden has been set up for players at the following coords: -2631/63/247

Feel free to build in her memory and I encourage everyone to post signs with jokes and puns around the grounds as she loved a good pun or a bad one ❤️

Tako, Uchi, Dreamy, and myself know how much she meant to all of you and wanted to give you a space where you could remember and honor her.

Damo has set the warp you can use /etsi to get there.

Sign in to follow this  

About CedarCraft

At over seven years old, marking its beginnings in 2011, CedarCraft has grown to have one of the closest communities in Minecraft.

From the dedicated staff team to all of the members who make us who we are, the welcoming CedarCraft community is the one to be a part of

Support CedarCraft

Providing the servers and software to keep CedarCraft running smoothly is not cheap and we rely on the generosity of our members.

Please consider supporting the community with the purchase of one of our 'VIP' ranks

Vote for Us

Help your community and get in-game rewards!

Social

Stay engaged with your community outside of the game!