Sign in to follow this  
Jet_Chi

Redstone Suggestions

1. Can we get the ability to turn protections off whilst placing hoppers/furnaces/dispensers etc etc, i build redstone with aidan and if one block gets forgotten with unlock its a pain to adjust anything if the other person is not on. having the ability to turn off lwc when placing these items will make building complex redstone alot easier.

2. can we get a creative world within the server so we can test Redstone/builds.  im more concerned with the redstone as its so frustrating building something in singleplayer for it to not work when on the server example being items grouping together which effects how items travel.

3. The Barrel system when attached to any mob farm seems to act strange, sometimes it puts the item in barrel and sometimes it passes the barrel observer and goes through the system, this causes problems with items getting through the system and clogging elsewhere. i noticed that if you throw the item into the top of a hopper it pulls the items really fast but if the item flows from one hopper to the other its very slow and can get backloged in hoppers

4. can we get option to turn shulker protections off? if i made a redstone storage system which took items from shulker on hopper then uses piston to break and move shulkers to another area. i cannot currently do that as when i place the shulker its locked to me.

Can't say yes or no, but I can offer advice!

For point 3 regarding barrels, yes, I've noticed this too. I believe for high output farms you'd probably want to restrict as much as possible to your bog-standard item filters and connect the barrels to the output of said item filters rather than keeping them as a dump in the main item transfer line.

As for point 4, the only real work around is to always have the shulkers placed by a dispenser, that creates one without an lwc lock.

After creating a redstone filter, me and aidan put furnaces on top to prevent lag(theres plenty of videos on this), however we noticed that the filter stopped working, furnaces dont this in vanilla. more reason for a redstone test world so we can check server before making stuff, as atm things that should work in minecraft are not working in cedarcraft which is very annoying to constantly doubt yourself on whether it should be working or not. 

If furnaces breaks them, altho I don't understand how, try with droppers on top instead, they're proven more effective for lag reduction as well. Furnaces interacting with hoppers (I assume that's what you mean with redstone filters, actual item filters) in a negative way might be from mcJobs *shrugs* 

Lebh put down a ton of furnaces on his ones too and that caused no issues from what I heard.

Yeah, I have used furnaces on top of mine, I have a couple of different systems where I have done that. And had no issue at all, worked fine all times for me, strange you guys should start having a problem after placing furnaces on top. So you guys are only saying it's not working, but in what regard? like does the item stop in the hopper, does the filter not suck the item what's happening?

I can show you but its furnaces in a particular place makes some items to through filter and some don't